Monday, December 5, 2011

YWCA GLA asked the community we serve, as well as staff and volunteers what they are thankful for this Holiday Season. The following are their responses.

Job Corps Culinary Arts Student, Age 18
I'm very thankful for myself accomplishing many goals and waking up every morning around people who care about me.

Job Corps Culinary Arts Student, Age 22
This time of year is so special because I am no longer homeless or hungry. LAJC gave me a safe place to live, eat and study. I have met so many nice people here who really care for me and my future. I am thankful for the YWCA and LAJC for all they do for the students, their kids and families. Happy Holidays

Job Corps Childcare Student, Age 21
Having gratitude is important to me because it allows you to appreciate life more. It brings happiness and thankfulness and creates a healthy outlook on life. I am thankful for family and Job Corps for giving me a second chance with my education.

Job Corps Home Builders Institute Student, Age 20
I am thankful for being able to take my GED test this month. I have been studying really hard to pass this test. I am also thankful to the YWCA of GLA and Los Angeles Job Corps for this wonderful program, meeting new friends and the beautiful new building. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Job Corps Certified Nursing Assistant Student, Age 18
I have so much to be thankful for because I have my life, health and family. I am thankful that my grandmother is still alive. She has diabetes, recently had a heart attack, got hit by a car and is still able to walk around. I am grateful that my mother is off of drugs and now able to care for my little brother who is 12 years old. I am also thankful for being in the Job Corps program because I did not have money to attend college. This program is really great and I am thankful for all the staff and new friends I have met.

Job Corps Office Administration Student, Age 19
I am thankful for my parents and all they have done for me in trying to help me succeed. Being here at Los Angeles Job Cops gives me a safe place to live and study so I can become successful in my life. Job Corps has taught me to never give up on my dreams.

Job Corps Child Care Student, Age 21
I am so thankful for family, friends and Los Angeles Job Corps. The education here is so nice and free! I didn't know how my family was going to pay for me to go to college after I finished high school and a friend told me about Job Corps. This program really works for those who need and want the help. Thank you YWCA and Job Corps for the help.

Job Corps Transportation Communication Union Student, Age 21
I am thankful for going to school around people who want to learn and are not in class only because their parents said you had to go to school. Los Angeles Job Corps has really good teachers that help you learn and want to see you do well. I am also thankful for family and friends and being able to help others when I can in community service.

Job Corps Transportation Communication Union Student, Age 22
I am so grateful to Los Angles Job Corps for giving me a place to live and food to eat when I needed it most. I have met really good friends here and look forward to moving into a new room in the new Urban Campus. Thank you YWCA for believing in us and for everything you do for the students at LAJC.

Job Corps Culinary Arts Student, Age 20
I am thankful for the opportunity to better my future because of Job Corps and for allowing me to go to school and study what I dream of - Culinary Arts. One day you will see me working in a famous restaurant all because you all gave me chance to follow my dreams.

YWCA GLA Staff
I'm thankful this season because the YWCA has given me an opportunity to work with so many great youth participants. They always put a smile on my face, make me laugh and continue to amaze me.

Girls Club Participant
I'm so thankful this season because Ms. Washington is going to buy us tickets for Knott's Berry Farm and that Ms. Morales might stay. I have never been and have only wished to go to Knott's Berry Farm. I know I will love it!

Youth Program Participant
I'm thankful this season because the YWCA gave me the opportunity to work on my behavior. Also I learned to be kind to my peers.

Youth and Girls Club Participant
I am most thankful that we all know each other and respect each other.

Youth Program Participant
I am thankful for having a house, a family, and for being able to be part of the YWCA. I really want to say thank you for giving me a chance to come and use the computers. I use the internet for homework.

Youth Program Participant
This season I am thankful for having a loving and caring family, which is always there to comfort me in times of need. I am also thankful for my friends that help me and give me advice. I'm thankful for my mother that works hard to be able to feed me because I do eat a lot: I am thankful for caring teachers, and organizations like the YWCA that help me improve in school. As a result, I am mostly grateful to have a lot of friends and family that take care of me.

YWCA Staff - Compton
I am thankful this season for a job to go to, especially the YWCA-COC. I am also thankful that I can help to be a blessing to the families and community. Every day is a day of "Thanksgiving."

YWCA Parent After School Programs
I am thankful this season for all the people that help the moms with educating our children.

Sexual Assault Crisis Services Staff
I am thankful this season for having a job at the YWCA GLA with amazing co-workers and for many blessings in my life. I'm thankful for every single moment that enlightens my life.

Sexual Assault Crisis Services Participant
I am thankful this holiday season because during all of this year I have been provided with a space at the YWCA for me and my healing and also for my family.

Sexual Assault Crisis Services Participant
I give thanks this year for having better communication with my children, more support from my husband and all the support I get from the YWCA GLA SACS program and staff and also for my friends.

Sexual Assault Crisis Services Staff
I am thankful this season for being back on board with the YWCA GLA Sexual Assault Crisis Services, where I am part of a team that brings healing, peace and wholeness to survivors of sexual abuse. It is a rewarding place to be. I am truly thankful!

YWCA Parent After School Programs
I'm thankful for having all of my family together; For having good health and a job. I give thanks to the YWCA for giving me the opportunity to work, grow as a professional and learn new things every time new information comes up so we can give the best to our children.

YWCA Infant Learning Center Participant
I'm thankful for the YWCA program because they are able to support me by taking care of my child while I'm in school trying to reach my goals.

YWCA Infant Learning Center Participant
I am thankful for this season because of the YWCA center. I'm able to finish my school and I'm very thankful for the teachers in the YWCA Center for attending and taking care of my child during my school hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment