Thursday, August 26, 2010

Ana Garcia - February 2, 2010

February 2, 2010
Today was another rough day. I had to cancel my interview because the neighbor backed out of watching the kids. It was hard enough to get an interview since there are few jobs. This was the only response I’ve gotten in months. There aren’t a lot of jobs out there let alone for someone without a diploma. The baby needed diapers today, but we are on our last bit of cash. Precious abuelita tries to help but her hip is not in good enough shape to run after a toddler. She needs surgery. I wish I could take care of her. I love my family – I am blessed to have two healthy kids but I just don’t know how we are going to make it. Everything has been a vicious cycle. I didn’t finish high school so I could work to take care of abue’- now I don’t have a job to afford any training. I know if I could work on my office skills - I could do something - anything. I want to take care of my family - I am willing to work hard. Rent is due in four days and we need groceries. I just don’t know where to turn.
-Ana

No comments:

Post a Comment