Thursday, August 26, 2010

Ana Garcia - March 7, 2010

March 7, 2010
I just got a call for a second interview. The job doesn’t pay very much but at least it’s a job. No matter how much I search, there doesn’t seem to be anything else out there. Right now, I just need to pay my bills. Abuelita has already given her little savings to help. If only I had my GED and a degree or something, maybe I could go after better jobs. I hate having to ride the bus to even get to work. I am a hard worker and a fast learner – I just wish something would work out. Diego is crawling already. I can’t believe he’s growing so fast. And his big sister – she is such a smart girl! She can already count to ten. I work with her every day on letters. I really want her to go to preschool. I don’t know how I can afford it. When I do start this job, assuming I get it, I’ll need to find somewhere for Diego and Isabel to go. Abue’s friend down the street said that the new building on Union Pacific street has a preschool in it. She said it’s run by the YWCA. She even said they help families who can’t pay a lot. The building is SO beautiful. i see the playground when I walk by. If we could get the kids in there...... wow. I get excited even thinking about it. Is it possible? It would be a life-saver. I plan on calling them tomorrow to get more information. Yeah!!!

Hopeful… Ana

No comments:

Post a Comment